The California College Guidance Initiative (CCGI) works to ensure that all 6th-12th grade students in California have access to a systematic baseline of guidance and support as they plan, prepare, and pay for post-secondary education and training.
What you can find on Californiacolleges.edu website:
- 4 Year Academic Planner
- A-G college subjects requirements
- Systems of Higher Education
- Financial Aid
- Career Exploration & Career Technical Education (CTE)
ALL of our college applications will be launched from this platform, including College of the Sequoias (COS).
- Instructions on how to launch your Cal State Apply from your CaliforniaColleges.edu account.
- Instructions on how to apply for financial aid (FAFSA & Dream Act)
- Instructions on how to launch CCCApply (applications for California Community Colleges including COS)
Instructions to set up an account:
- Go to the Californiacolleges.edu login website.
- In the Students box click Register Your Account
- In the first field, begin typing … a drop down will appear. Be sure to select Visalia Unified School.
- In the next field, begin typing Visalia Charter Independent Study. A drop down menu will appear, select Visalia Charter Independent Study.
- Under the Student ID field, enter your School ID Number.
- The last field is date of birth; MM/DD/YYYY
- On the next page, click Sign Up with Google, enter your vusd.us email, then click NEXT
- Enter your Student ID number as your password and click NEXT
Click on the image below to watch a CCC Parent Workshop tutorial.